CrossFit Queen Creek – CrossFit
2:00 Hip Openers
1:00 Air Squats with glute band around knees
*Every minute starting at 0:00, perform 3 KB Taters
Back Squat (5×5 @ 85%)
All sets are at the same weight.
Rest 2-4 minutes between sets.
*See Coach’s notes for athletes who did not do a 5RM last week.
**For athletes who did not find a 5RM last week, they have 2 options for today:
1) Find a 5RM, followed by 2 sets of 5 @ 70% of the 5RM they just hit. Next week they would pick up with the rest of the program (don’t have them do today’s work).
2) Use a recent AND ACCURATE 5, 3, or 1RM to extrapolate to their hypothetical 5RM and use that number for their percentage work. If an athlete has a 1RM, their 5RM would be roughly 85% of their 1RM. If the athlete has a 3RM, their 5RM is likely 90-95% of their 3RM.
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
EMOM 12 Minutes, rotating (4 each)
– :45 Max Tall/Explosive Box Jumps
– :45 Max Hip Extensions
– :45 Max Ring Support Hold
Alien Ant Arms (Time)
15 minute cap
– Muscle Ups: Bar Muscle Up (1:1), Chest to Bar Pull Up (1:2), or Chin Over Bar Pull Up (1:2), find most
difficult option that allows athlete to stay moving reasonably consistently.
– Snatch: Weight should fall between 70 and 85% of athlete’s 1RM.
Coach Focus: “Alien Ant Arms” is meant to be a very beefy test that is extremely gassy. When you hear “extremely gassy” we want you coaches to know that we mean that your athlete’s breathing/HR is going to be what stops them from continuing. Our preference for this workout is ring muscle ups over bar, but everyone should be doing their most difficult pulling gymnastics option as well a moving a heavy barbell.